Want to start a career in lawn care?
We're always looking for hard-working and motivated people who want to start a career in lawn care and landscaping services. If you're interested in joining our team, here's what our ideal candidate looks like:
We are a small Lawn & Yard maintenance company servicing the Massachusetts towns of Berkley, Dighton, Rehoboth, Seekonk, Somerset, and Swansea Massachusetts. We are looking for Landscape Laborers and that understand that attention to detail and customer service is the key to growing a successful company.
Responsibilities & Capabilities:
- Spring and Fall cleanups.
- Mowing, string trimming, edging, mulching etc.
- Ability to use zero turn mowers and commercial trimmers,
- Drive truck and trailer in a responsible manner
- Capable to lift 30 to 60 pounds
- Planting, pruning and trimming
- Physical ability to Mow 8 to 17 lawns per day Monday through Friday and Saturday when needed.
- Available to work Monday through Friday with occasional Saturdays when needed
- Responsible for maintaining equipment in good working order, which includes but is not limited to the following: cleaning equipment, trucks & trailers, checking oil levels of equipment daily, changing mower blades, sharpening mower blades.
- Ability to change flat tires.
- Checking & Changing oil on mowers and other equipment
- Ability to start work at 7:30am and to work past 5:00pm when needed.
- Lawn installations.
- Other landscape and property maintenance duties as directed.
Must Have Qualifications, Experience, and Skills:
- Must be dependable, punctual, and team oriented.
- Must have at least 3 months full-time experience with commercial lawn mowers.
- Must have at least 3 months full-time experience with line trimmers,
- Must have at least 3 months full-time experience trimming/pruning small trees and shrubs.
- Must have at least 3 months full-time experience maintaining flower beds and ability to create and/or maintain a professional looking edging of flower beds.
- Must have the ability to drive a pick-up truck with 18ft trailer and have the skill to maneuver truck and trailer safely.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and clean driving history within past 5 years.
- Must have a valid and up to date DOT Health Card or ability to obtain a DOT Health Card before your start date at your own expense.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have an active and reliable Cell Phone.
- Must have a valid and reliable email address.
- Must have 2 verifiable work references that have worked with you directly in the past three years.
- Must provide an official copy of your driver’s history obtained from the Registry of Motor Vehicles.
- Must be able to work long days on occasion (i.e., 8 to 11 hours) and weekends when needed.
- Must have the ability to perform the physical demands of the position including the following: 1) able to lift 50 to 60 pounds and at times up to 80 pounds, 2) standing, 3) walking, 4) crouching, 5) stoop/kneeling and 5) reaching with hands and arms.
- Must be able to communicate professionally with customers when encountered.
- Must have a neat work appearance and adherence to company uniform policy.
Preferred Qualifications (but not required):
- Knowledge of common grass types
- Knowledge of common lawn weeds
- Knowledge of soil conditions
- Knowledge of common invasive lawn insects
- Knowledge of common lawn diseases i.e., types of fungus
- A valid and up to date Pesticide Applicators License
$16 to $18 dollars per hour.
We are a smoke-free and drug-free workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, pregnancy or conditions related to pregnancy, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
If this seems like a good fit for you, simply complete the online application to begin the process of working with us. We look forward to hearing from you!